What is included in a dental exam and how often do I need one?
Good oral health is crucial to having a clean, bright smile. In order to maintain your oral health, the American Dental Association recommends a regular comprehensive dental exam starting at age two. At Mayfair Dentistry in San Jose, we perform these dental exams so that we can determine what type of care you need right now and develop a plan for your future dental care.
When you schedule regular comprehensive dental exams, we can catch problems early, reducing the number of your visits to our office as well as the chance of needing more costly procedures done later.
Mayfair Dentistry performs comprehensive dental exams at every cleaning. We will:
- Discuss your dental and overall health since your last exam
- Check for tooth decay, cracks, and chips
- Evaluate your bite and jaw
- Examine existing dental restorations
- Screen for gum disease and periodontal disease
- Conduct TMJ (jaw joint) examination
- Screen for oral cancer
- Clean your teeth thoroughly, removing plaque and stains
- Take full mouth digital x-rays (once a year)
After each comprehensive dental exam, we’ll discuss our findings and make plans for any special treatments you may need. Contact the friendly team at Mayfair Dentistry to schedule your dental exam today. Taking care of your mouth today will help you have a healthy smile for life!
Book your new patient appointment today!
Don't put your smile on hold.